Axxerion part of Nemetschek Group
Nemetschek SE strengthens competence in building operations
- Nemetschek brand MCS Solutions acquires 100% of Axxerion, a pure SaaS provider for digital building management
- Axxerion products, technologies, geographical presence, and types of customers are a strong complement to MCS
- Together, MCS and Axxerion will offer a complete solution for property management, IWMS, and smart buildings in a SaaS model
Munich, January 11, 2019 – Software provider Nemetschek SE (ISIN 0006452907) today announced that its brand MCS Solutions will acquire Axxerion, a Dutch SaaS provider of workflow-based cloud software active in facility management and property & real estate management. With its highly flexible solutions, Axxerion has built a strong position in the dynamically growing building operations market, which is currently worth more than EUR 20 billion. With a workforce of nearly 100 people, Axxerion delivers truly multi-tenant software with an extensive range of functionalities to nearly 2,000 international customers across many industry sectors. Key customers include VodafoneZiggo, Facilicom, Q-Park, Nutricia, MVGM (the largest property manager in Benelux), two of the Big 4 auditing firms, and one of the largest financial institutions in the Netherlands. The company has three different locations in the Netherlands and markets its portfolio through indirect sales channels in Belgium, Germany, and the US.
Pure SaaS player in the building operations market
Axxerion’s complete and easy-to-use management information system for facility and property automation based on best practices is offered purely as a SaaS business model. The software streamlines business processes, including workflow management, contract management, requests, and maintenance management.
Its workflow-based character makes it a great fit for SMEs and larger organizations that mainly require fast activation of best-practice processes. The software is used by a range of organizations including insurers, hospitals, (care) institutions, and governments.
Perfect addition to the building management product portfolio
With the acquisition, the Nemetschek Group further strengthens its competencies in strategic, high- growth building management verticals:
- Commercial real estate management where Nemetschek already has a leading position in the German market via its brand CREM Solutions. Now, with the acquisition of Axxerion, the Group is increasing its property management competencies and footprint globally.
- The market for Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) where Axxerion’s workflow-based cloud software complements MCS’s IoT-enabled IWMS offering. This will make it possible to address new customer segments, accelerate growth, and enlarge the company’s SaaS footprint.
- Smart buildings, a growth market driven by innovation, where the Group is globally active through the COBUNDU brand. Smart buildings leverage real-time data and analytics to make workflows more dynamic and enable smarter, activity-based service delivery.
By investing in building management software, building owners can achieve significant cost benefits, simplify operations and maintenance, increase building productivity and efficiency, better satisfy the needs of occupants and differentiate their space in the competitive real estate market.
Hans Verschuren, Co-founder and Chief Sales Officer at Axxerion, comments: “We immediately saw how complementary the two companies are and being part of a larger group will provide new opportunities and boost our growth. I am very excited to be part of this.”
Koen Matthijs, CEO of MCS, agrees: “Joining forces with Axxerion will put Nemetschek on the map of strong, complete, and global players in the property and IWMS software market. Axxerion and MCS both have an entrepreneurial culture with a strong commitment to excellence, which are key ingredients to further growing the business in an accelerated mode.”
Patrik Heider, Spokesman and Chief Financial and Operations Officer at Nemetschek: ‘’We are very pleased with this strategic step. Going forward, Axxerion will be part of our MCS division and strengthen the SaaS offering in our building management segment. In addition, this will expand our position in the fast-growing building management software market.”
Axxerion is growing fast and is a highly profitable company that anticipates revenues of just over EUR 12 million for the year 2018. The purchase price for 100% of the shares amounts to around EUR 75 million (cash and debt free).